Hi there, I’m Jill – the girl that eats all the plants and runs all the miles.
WHO I AM
- I am 22 years old.
- I live in South Jersey and I have lived here my entire life with my family.
- I am a student at Rowan University and study nutrition and dietetics – I am really REALLY into sports nutrition.
WHAT I EAT
- I am a plant eater. I eat a vegan, plant-based diet because I have found that it resonates with me and supports my running and active lifestyle very well.
- I’d tell you my favorite food but there are WAY too many! So you’ll have to settle for my top 15 favorite foods, but it’s an ever-changing list…
- Super gooey Medjool dates, avocado, veg chili, overnight oats, all types of potatoes, eggplant, honey crisp apples, frozen bananas, polenta, sriracha sauce (does that count?), multigrain sourdough bread, hummus, fresh & dried figs, grapes, and artichokes.
- My favorite thing to cook and eat is soup! The recipes I am the proudest of are always soups. In particular, veg chili and minestrone, but there really are no limitations to my soup addiction.
- I am constantly working on my relationship with food – because no one is perfect – but I always strive to listen to my body. Your body knows.
WHAT I DO
- I am obsessed with running. If I could, I would run all-day, every day. But as my past has told me, that is a sure-fire way to get injured! Depending on what I am training for, I stick to 4-6 days of running, 2-3 days of cross training (ugh), 2-3 days of strength training, and (usually) 1 day off each week.
- I am always in the kitchen (just ask my mom, I’ve beaten up our kitchen pretty badly…). I love to create yummy plant-based recipes. I have a huge passion for vegan baking, but I don’t do it often enough because I don’t trust myself not to eat a whole batch of cookies or a whole pan of granola!
Want to know more? Send me a message!