I’ve always been a little afraid of cooking tofu because it’s in some mysterious package filled with some mysterious liquid that you have to press out and somehow make the tofu crispy… That sounds stressful and impossible, right?
Believe it or not, it is neither stressful or impossible – it’s actually the exact opposite! AND it can be oil free if that’s important to you! I’ve been having these tofu nuggets with roasted veggies a few times a week. Because I’ve been loving it so much, I figured it’s finally time to share this gem with you all!
This crispy sriracha tofu goes perfectly in a bowl with roasted veggies but I imagine it would go well with just about anything and everything. There might be a sriracha tofu breakfast sandwich in my future… stay tuned!
Be sure to comment below with your favorite way to use these crispy sriracha tofu nuggets!
- 1 block firm tofu, pressed (I like the sprouted firm tofu from Trader Joe's)
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha sauce or chili sauce
- 1 tbsp water or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut the tofu into "nuggets" or cubes.
- In a small bowl, mix together sriracha/chili sauce with water/vegetable broth. Be careful not to add too much water, you don't want a runny mixture.
- Gently coat the tofu with the above mixture.
- Roll tofu nuggets in nutritional yeast.
- Space out tofu nuggets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes, flip, and finish off in the oven for another 10-15 minutes, or until desired crispness.
After making this recipe hundreds of times, I learned that it’s best to have a “dry hand” and a “wet hand” so that your fingers don’t get covered in nutritional yeast!