Overnight oats are hands-down my favorite go-to meal. Oats are super satisfying and delicious, but most importantly: they are perfect for on-the-go!
If I have a long day of classes or work and I won’t be near a kitchen for most of the day, it’s a pretty safe bet that I’ll be making myself some overnight oats. Especially a recipe like this one is great because it tastes like a refreshing dessert in between classes!
To increase satiety, I add some extra protein from things like chia seeds and a tablespoon of plant-based protein powder. The protein powder is totally optional, I just really like what it does for the texture and flavor!
Just 1/2 cup (40g) of oats has a ton of nutritional benefits! Oats are low calorie, high protein, high fiber, and mineral rich.
- 151 calories
- 5 grams of protein
- 4 grams of fiber
- 81% DV manganese
- 23% DV phosphorus
- 21% DV selenium
- 18% DV zinc
- 18% DV magnesium
- ½ cup (40g) oats
- 1 zucchini, shredded (about ½ cup, 75g)
- 1 tbsp (10g) chia seeds
- ½ cup (115g) fresh or frozen berries, plus more for topping
- 1 cup (240g) plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp (8) vanilla protein, optional
- 1 tsp cinnamon, optional
- ½ tsp vanilla extract, optional
- The night before, combine all the ingredients in a mason jar or container. Cover with lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cold the next morning. Top with more berries, nut butter, yogurt, nuts, etc.
If you’re curious about the nutrient tracker I like best, go to Cronometer and take a look around! Check out more of my recipes here!